Thursday, January 12, 2006

hell freezes over


That I would live to see the day where Sacred Heart would organize a protest against George W. Bush. This did my heart a world of good.

My mom ran into them in the Quarter as she, herself, made her way to the protest. Seems unreal. The world surely must be ending if my conservative, Catholic high school is participating in something political that dares to criticize the president. All I can say is that if this is the end of the world, we're all going out swinging.

The president was noted in the NYT as saying: "It's a great place to find some of the greatest food in the world and some wonderful fun."

How the hell can he say that when he has seen what happened to the city and how little has changed since August. Oh wait, he didn't tour the city. Naturally.

Anyway, hell hath no fury like a Catholic school girl scorned. Bravo to the teachers and students who made this happen. Lord knows the administration was probably not so pleased about this... But it certainly has made me proud to be an alum.

Update: Academy of the Sacred Heart is mentioned in the New York Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home