Wednesday, December 14, 2005

kindred spirits

I just finished rereading "Anne of Green Gables" tonight. The book just makes me cry and cry with happiness. I see a bit of Anne in myself and there's a part of me that sees Anne in everyone I love. The pride, the yearning, her passionate nature, her capacity to love and her curiosity of the world.

I am heading home to New Orleans tomorrow. I take a deep breath and head to JFK airport with way too much knitting and probably far too many books. I read six books in the 3 weeks I spent at home last Christmas. I hope to read as many if not more this year. But I know there will be much chatting, much hugging, many photographs will be taken, and many stories to be told.

Everytime I return home to New Orleans, I feel as though nothing has changed and I have only recently been there. I fear this will be the first time I can't say that. It breaks my heart a little, but I think of Anne Shirley who spoke of a turn in the road. Life was never so straight and narrow, but as in all things, this is just another turn. I can do it. Especially with so many kindred spirits in my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P. said...

We're waiting for you! Let the hug-a-thon begin.

Wed Dec 14, 09:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing I can say will be satisfactory, because I know I can't begin to understand what this homecoming will be like for you. I can only say how glad I am that you can spend the holidays with a family that loves you so much. I'll be thinking of you all. Safe travels.

Wed Dec 14, 01:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give my love to your parents and Marc. I'll be thinking of you when I'm up in the Great White North in two weeks (eek! two weeks! crazy!)

Wed Dec 14, 07:38:00 PM  
Blogger R J Keefe said...

Missing you already! Have a great visit!

Thu Dec 15, 08:18:00 PM  
Blogger Slimbolala said...

Best of luck.

Fri Dec 16, 05:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home