Sunday, December 11, 2005

reading and mobilization

Read this article and this editorial from the New York Times. Assigned reading if you are a friend of mine.

I am thinking about throwing a letter writing party in January. I will make jambalaya and everyone can write letters to Congress and the president and I will mail them out. People can bring wine and/or stamps. How does that sound? I know it's a pain to write a letter and believe me, I don't think I can be trusted to write something civil to Dennis Hassert or George W. Bush, but perhaps with the company of others, this is possible.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes you think Bush can even read? Sure, we see him carrying books around as props, but I doubt he's read any of them. He probably has Karl Rove do it for him. Nevertheless, I commend you on your selfless effort to making a difference. As I often tell my students, it is but the small flutter of one humble butterly somewhere in Peru that causes the mightiest of hurricanes. Together, we can find that buttefly and kill it before it causes any more trouble.

Peace, love, and Kucinich,
Liberal Larry
Internet Star

Fri Dec 16, 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Oh, I don't think W can read. I just want to be that mosquito that he just can't slap.

Mon Dec 19, 10:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home