Wednesday, December 07, 2005

seashells in an envelope

Man, tonight I realized I have lost all the love letters I received from my then 13 year old boyfriend Peter.

Man. Those were beautiful. Especially given the fact that they were hand written and mailed to me.

I heard from him tonight and I suppose I should feel that the greatest gift is that I could care about someone so much (and he care about me) that we should still be great friends after being childhood sweethearts who only so much as held hands.

I told him we had to write more letters and I told Tim that, too.

I am so sad for having lost Peter's letters, but the place they hold in my heart remains. I've lost the prom picture we took together, but I remember every moment of that evening.

Don't get me wrong: Tim doesn't have to worry about a thing. But Peter was a wonderful and generous first love. And I'm the luckiest girl in the world that he is still such a great person and still so much a part of my life.

NOLA: there's no place like you ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger lequincampe said...

My mom went to the funeral for the mom with three young girls. I'll have to tell you about it. My mom taught the middle child.

I am coming to NOLA on December 14 and will stay til the 31st. We have to get together. Love, L

Wed Dec 07, 04:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home