Friday, July 29, 2005

the return of riri thibodeaux and other exciting things

My darling RiRi is returning tomorrow from 15 days in Italy. I'm sure she'll be tan and chic. Tuesday we resume our dinner dates. Thank God for that.

Today was crazy busy, but D came to work and had lunch with me. I got to show her the new job and she even met my boss. We went to MoMA and applied our sweet talk analysis to the Cezanne/Pissaro show: Pissaro = soft focus lens; Cezanne = light and geometry.

Then we zipped through Lee Friedlander which wasn't any better the second time. I am not so impressed.

We high-tailed it to the Sculpture Garden for a couple hours of girl talk. I think I need more in-person girl talk in my life. Speaking of which, we are gonna go dancing next week. Sloppy delicious, if you're reading this, I'm emailing you this weekend. Let's make it happen.

After D left to go to Penn Station for a day trip to the Garden State, I read about Antonioni's BLOW UP which I watched last summer with RJ and T. Then I went to the Folk Art Museum which I'd never done before. I'm going back again soon. I loved the quilts most of all because they reminded me so much of my mother. She is finishing a quilt for me right now. What is amazing is that she's been working on it since I was about eight years old. Neither of us can remember when she began making it, but it is a creation of love.

I was so tired from running around this morning and doing things that I fell asleep on the subway. I feel like I have a summer cold coming on but it could be that my immune system is down thanks to the lack of sleep and stress of the past week. I need to take better care of myself. Hopefully, that begins this weekend.

I mean, I need to rest up for an upcoming night of dancing.

2 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

No dancing tonight, I hope.

Fri Jul 29, 07:45:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

NO way!

Sat Jul 30, 11:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home