Thursday, July 28, 2005

as suspected

I needed an adapter. Damn, why didn't anyone tell me about this. Ipod, you better be worth it. At least I live near a Circuit City and could walk there and back in less than ten minutes. And I got some water at the corner bodega and the guy at the counter told me I look like I'm 16. I think he was wondering why I was out at dusk. Good to know the guys there are not just checking me out; they're also looking out for me.

And I know I shouldn't be annoyed. Look, I live within walking distance of a Circuit City. I know how lucky I am to be living this life. Someone on the subway was wearing the scent of gardenias today and it brought me back to May Crowning at Sacred Heart in New Orleans. I can't believe I've gone from that darling pre-school existence to working and living in New York City. There is always a spring in my step even when I'm exhausted. I'm here. And I have so many books to read, so much to see, so many people to speak with, so many movies to see, and so much more than that.

So I guess I can live with the fact that my computer does not have a USB 2.0 port. Technology is a pain. You always expect it to work like magic so when it doesn't, one is at a total loss.

In other news, Thursday delivery of "The New Yorker?" This doesn't give me much time to read this one before the next one arrives as it should on Tuesday.

Complain, complain. I know, all of you who are not here think I have gotten soft. But it's almost the weekend. I promise to be nothing but smiles... even if itunes baffles my mind.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEEE - should have said something about the adaptor, huh? [cringe] I bought a 3com firewire port, for pretty cheap off eBay, but I suppose a USB adaptor works as well.

Oh, and I will see your one-time-Thursday-delivery-of-the-New-Yorker and raise you my EVERY-DAMN-WEEK-Thursday-delivery-of-the-New-Yorker,-and-sometimes-on-Sundays-when-life-hates-me. Gah, the pains of living on the west coast.

Thu Jul 28, 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger R J Keefe said...

Thursday delivery of The New Yorker is, unfortunately, better than no delivery. Whatever you do, don't miss the piece about Grover Norquist. When are they going to start making maleficent "gROVEr" posters?

Thu Jul 28, 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Am disgusted and tired with the insensitivity of apple who expects me to have a mac. blech. thanks to rachel for helping me save the blessed thing itself and to RJ for being sympathetic.

must sleep off the pain of installation... or inability to install.

Fri Jul 29, 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Slimbolala said...

Sacre Coeur? Sacre bleu!

Fri Jul 29, 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Cranky little object that ipod is... Here's hoping I can tame the beast this weekend!!! (without any further trips to Circuit City)

Fri Jul 29, 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Oh, yes, I went to Sacred Heart for 15 years. Interpret at whim, Slimbolala!~

Fri Jul 29, 01:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home