Monday, July 25, 2005

sunstroke

a note of warning:
while you may think it is enough to gulp some water, slather on sunscreen every two hours and wear Jackie O sunglasses, this is clearly not enough sun protection.

Saturday, I thought I had a sinus headache, but by 7 pm, I realized it had to be something worse. I figured it must be sunstroke. I immediately drank about 2 liters of water and put an ice bag on top of my head for the duration of a film.

also, do not watch "The Manchurian Candidate" (2004) while suffering from sunstroke. it makes you scared and paranoid.

So keep drinking water all day. Don't kid yourself. Sunstroke is not just something your mother uses as a threat.

3 Comments:

Blogger lequincampe said...

Ah, it's all good. Fences have been mended. But thanks for the offer!

I'm okay. Still a little glassy eyed today, but I'll be alright. Going for more water and some lunch now.

Mon Jul 25, 12:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink Gatorade, too, not just water! It's not just advertising propaganda; it really does help you rehydrate. A doctor explained it to me when I was dehydrated from a fever once--I don't remember the details, but electrolytes were involved. And it does work. (And it's not as disgusting as it looks, much to my surprise. I thought it would taste like a highlighter pen, all fluorescent and gross. But it's more like that fake orange punch they used to serve you in grade school.)

Mon Jul 25, 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Good to know. I will mix things up with Gatorade! I like the purple kind b/c it tastes like children's sudafed. MMM.

Mon Jul 25, 06:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home