Monday, June 13, 2005

mimosas at 11 am

Yes, I had a mimosa in work during my first day at work. We were toasting someone's departure, but I enjoyed it for myself as a toast to the first day of full-time work since 9/11.

Yes, *that* 9/11.

Since 9/11, I've been in graduate school and then in a mishmosh of teaching positions that screwed me over from health care and have then been freelancing, thus killing the whole "full-time" element of things.

In honor of the occasion, I wore my "new" Campers which I bought in January and had never yet worn. A colleague commented on them while on the elevator. I work in a place where people kindly and cleverly complement my shoes. This is great.

Work was largely spent organizing my desk and dealing with a rolodex. And I got my ID, scoped out the cafeteria (amazing... Fairchild, you've got nothing on...) and just enjoying the company of books.

It's already exciting and nothing has happened. I can't wait to see how it evolves.

2 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

Tell us about Campers some time.

Tue Jun 14, 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Oh my. Campers. That could be a digression into my French ex-boyfriend, trendy yet functional shoeware. Ah, where do we go from here?

Tue Jun 14, 11:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home