Friday, June 03, 2005

update

i'm still freelancing... damn, i thought i'd have at least one day in NYC without work before beginning the new job... but at least this will help subsidize the growing list of wedding expenses. i really just want to take myself out in celebration of the new job and making it to 27 (almost) without getting married. I also want to see Ashes and Snow and the Chanel show. At least Angela and I will go out to the Shake Shack on Monday.

i'm listening to the new Sleater-Kinney which is phenomenal. I need to blog about it later in a more critical light than, "wow, carrie brownstein, corin tucker and janet weiss blow my mind." and "wow, carrie brownstein reminds me of lynn anderson." Or something really inane like "This is the first time I have been in a relationship when a new Sleater-Kinney album has come out." I guess that is significant in that I always find an incredible amount of comfort in S-K albums because of their urgency. It's something that always resonated with me in the past and continues to do so today. I can only handle independent men. Office flirts, egoists, mamma's boys, arrogant misogynists and self-hating guys need not show up at my door.

Tonight I am staying in to sort clothes (viva laundry day!), write/finish this assignment and get to sleep at a decent hour. I hope to listen to lots of Yo La Tengo and mellow out completely.

I should also begin to think about packing for NOLA. I don't want this to be a last minute thing on Monday night at, oh, 11 pm. The flight is at 8... I am so getting to bed by 11:30 on Monday.

All I've been able to listen to lately has been Elton John and Sleater-Kinney. What the hell does that mean?

2 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

So much is going on in your life that it's a good idea for you to be as tranquille as possible this evening.

But one must celebrate ere long!

Fri Jun 03, 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

I concur. And this posting makes no sense. Why do I go off about my pickiness with men after discussing my love of Sleater-Kinney's urgency? Perhaps it's that urgency that kept me so picky for years and years. A very smart thing indeed!

Fri Jun 03, 03:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home