Wednesday, May 25, 2005

longest day in creation

I don't mind sitting around and getting paid for doing next to nothing, but to do so in a windowless room with a sore throat and after studying up for an interview today? i think i'm in a coma. has it been almost 8 hours since I got to work? has it been 78 hours?

everyone tells me i will be swamped with work when i finally get a full-time job, but honest to god, something has to be more compelling than freelance temporary full-time work. otherwise, why can't i get paid for staying in brooklyn all day, sitting at a desk.

i also spent a chunk of the day emailing an old friend with whom i used to sing in a prior life (ie: Bryn Mawr 1997-1998). funny that we're both here in NYC. this place is like a magnet.

2 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

An old boss hired me as part of a "new planning" phase, then could not make up her mind on what to have me do. Her solution was to strip me of all work. Whenever I attempted to do something, she told me to wait. I think she wanted to make my presence there invisible so as not to remind her of her decision. It was hell.

Thu May 26, 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Now I am happy about "nothing to do." I am being productive in other ways. Joie.

Thu May 26, 02:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home