Tuesday, May 31, 2005

the last days of freelancing

Tonight I need to do a serious amount of writing. Like "making maps and using excessive post it notes" writing. I start my new job in about two weeks and I want this current writing project out of my life before heading to New Orleans next Tuesday morning.

More importantly, I'm just ready to leave behind this current chapter of my professional life and start the next one. I will fact-check this week and finish the writing project. In the meanwhile, there will be a small dinner party chez moi thrown by Nerb, potential trips to the Met, visiting with RJ, a dinner w/ T's advisor and his wife, party for Ms. Scheier and that ever important laundry run on Saturday morning.

I also want plenty of time to read and get better. I have some kind of weird allergy/cold thing happening that isn't entirely pleasant.

I should blog about reunion 2005, but that is a whole other undertaking. Something that should and will be written about as soon as I've finished the writing for which I get paid.

5 Comments:

Blogger Slimbolala said...

Good luck on the new chapter of your life in our fair city. Are you working for the TP?

Fri Jun 03, 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

I used to work for the TP... I am a contributing writer and write book reviews occasionally. My review of "Lost in the Forest" should be out any day now. I'm in NYC now... but my heart is always lodged in New Orleans. Can't get it out of my blood.

Fri Jun 03, 03:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Oct 12, 06:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Oct 22, 01:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Oct 25, 06:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home