Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dinner for two

I made risotto tonight for the first time and I think it was a success. Nerb and I rather enjoyed it. He made a salad of sun dried tomatoes, cucumber and fresh mint. I made leek-mushroom risotto. We had a glass of wine with it and watched "Gilmore Girls" together. It was a nice night for listening to REM while walking to the grocery and Joni Mitchell while chopping vegetables at home. Fall is the nicest time for a night of last minute grocery shopping, cooking, and leisurely eating. We chatted over mint tea for a good while as well.

This is why I don't live alone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love making risotto. unless you use shortcuts [i don't] it takes a while. which makes it a social thing to make. you invite someone over, you sip the wine not used in the recipe, and talk while you stir. thats my favorite part. the social-ness. try garlic and arugula next time. its getting better reviews than my asparagus. but not the gorgonzola. that one rocks. its just soooo intense.

Wed Sep 27, 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

I don't know if I used shortcuts or not because I followed the recipe. I think I should have poured the broth in bit by bit, but I didn't have the patience and not seeing it listed in the directions only encouraged me to do it.

"Gilmore Girls" waits for no one. Not even risotto.

Wed Sep 27, 11:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home