Saturday, September 09, 2006

a quiet place



Here I am in the home office. I have a lot of writing and reading to do this weekend so I thought something needed to be done in order to make the place a little more inviting seeing as I will be here all weekend. A little Ella Fitzgerald, a pitcher of flowers, iced coffee, and some solitude. It all goes a long way. Fresh concord grapes are chilling in the fridge. I have homemade bean soup in the freezer for dinner later. It's just a quiet weekend in Brooklyn. I already did a lot of walking and chatting with Gifford this morning. I would have liked to have gone to Bryn Mawr this weekend, but I do need to square things away here at home. It's just as well. I'll always have train rides. Hopefully I can accomplish a lot in the coming weeks so that I can get away when the leaves change colors.

But for now, I'll be here.