Thursday, July 07, 2005

why i'm feeling slightly anti-social

I think that I'm finally feeling the wear of interviewing. Now that I don't have to sell myself on a weekly basis (I had 20 interviews this year alone), I just don't want to be social and "nice" when I don't have to do so. Also, being on at work and constantly meeting and remeeting new people is a drain.

Don't get me wrong. I'd much rather being doing this than putting up with the same BS from the same people.

But just don't ask me to be that same Southern Belle anytime soon.

(But to those I love, I'll always make like Truvy in her hair salon... What can I do for you?)

2 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

It's not "anti-social." It's "discriminating." One of the great pleasures, because there's a lot of truth to Diana Vreeland's dictum: "Elegance is refusal."

Thu Jul 07, 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Thank you for the clarification. I like that much more than "anti-social" and it gets at the heart of things because frankly, there are things i'd rather be doing than entertaining

Fri Jul 08, 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home