Thursday, July 07, 2005

I've officially made my thirteen year old self happy

There are times when I really feel like I'm exactly the same person I was when I was 13 years old. This is a good thing considering I'm coming face to face with age 27 in less than a week's time. But really, all I do, all day, is deal with books and people who live for books. Over hearing people's conversations about voracious vacation reading is such a nice change of pace from overhearing conversations about root canals, PR parties for H&M, meeting Moby (who cares?), rashes, a lack of boyfriends and financial aid.

Also, while this seems silly, I get to ride a train everyday. I don't have to drive a car or park -- a major stress when I was a teenager. I can get around on my own without having to carpool. A life without carpooling is a beautiful thing indeed.

Like my eighth grade days, I kinda feel like I'm wearing a uniform to work what with the formality of "looking nice." And like the uniform, I can't quite pull off skirts because I'm short and don't have long stems. But what can you do? Life always has its limits. So long as I can get away with carrying a canvas tote full of books, I've got it made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home