Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Crawfish (never crawdads or mudbugs)

More random posts.

People, I'm homesick. Can you tell?

http://www.sweetblogomine.com/photos/crawfishny/index.html

Look at this! People boiling crawfish in NYC! What a weird mix of worlds. And Gothamist totally got the Jazz Fest experience down. Sweet.

I must sheepishly admit that I have only started eating crawfish fairly recently. I ate some during Jazz Fest 2001 and ate a great crawfish feta pita sandwich when I was in New Orleans this past February. When I was a kid, I liked to say the two grossest things I know are milk and crawfish. Not together. They're both nasty. But I'm growing up... I still don't drink milk without coffee, though.

Crawfish boils were a crucial part of my childhood. I remember my parents creating long tables in the backyard with big plywood boards covered in last week's Times-Picayune. Marc and I would play with the crawfish before they were christened with boiling water and crab boil.

Aww. I'll be home soon. Expect lots about Jazz Fest to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

Bring back a recipe for crawfish étouffées!

Wed Apr 13, 09:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home