Wednesday, February 21, 2007

candles

Tonight I just felt like lighting candles. I stayed at work past 7:30, just trying to get things done. Something that feels just about impossible. I'm beginning to remember what Bryn Mawr felt like which is not the "happy fun traditions and late night chats" side, but the "French papers and labs and wait, how many books am I supposed to read this week" jazz? Yeah, life is not one big tea party complete with Wyndham cookies.

Candles are lit for better times to come, to give pause and think about those we have lost and those we know who are suffering. It's been a huge post-post moment lately and the lousy weather is no help. Still there's much to look forward to and there are larger goals to chance than surviving the Trader Joe's check out line, getting a seat on the subway, getting enough sleep, finishing every single task I set out to do. We're all still here, doing the best we can even if we're all pale and a bit mopey. We're all still here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you!

Fri Feb 23, 08:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you, too!

Sun Feb 25, 12:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home