Tuesday, February 06, 2007

plenty of yellow for the winter blues

These are my two new pieces of art. I got them on 7th avenue in Brooklyn from a sweet artist named Ron. He keeps his pieces in an old, strong, shell-like suitcase. I appreciate the care he takes and I love the NYC images he captures. I have a strong feeling these won't be my last pieces from him. I was also lucky enough to receive an Athena Waligore original print this weekend. I am very excited about this. I will take photos later. I think I'm going to mat and frame that piece and its companion. I want to preserve them for the ages. More to come.

The brutal cold of New York City keeps me from writing more, these days. People should be impressed I'm just making it to work. My new year's resolution of making coffee before work has helped me through these bitter winter conditions. Frankly, at the moment, I'm just happy to be home in Brooklyn. I need to find my hand lotion. My hands are so chapped from the cold that washing one's hands leaves them rather dry. I should leave a bowl of water on the floor tonight for some moisture. It's bone dry and cold. Weather in the single digits is for the birds.

Here's an interesting shot of my new yellow scarf.
It's a waffle stitch pattern and the bottoms of the scarf are simply ribbed. I have so many pending projects, I don't know where to begin discussing them. But in other knitting news, I have roped my friend P into work stitch n bitch and am teaching her how to knit. I love sharing this craft with others. I barely knitted this weekend with Book Stud. I was too busy cooking, vaguely watching the Super Bowl (mostly booing the Bears and cheering the Colts), and hanging out with my friends in what was a rather impromptu party. Perhaps I'll get my knitting game on this week. I have a ton of reading to do, but there's always time for a little stitching. Hey, it's whatever gets you through the winter.

2 Comments:

Blogger X said...

You know we have two of his prints too, right? The cicada and the bee -- the bee has a fabulous story behind it.

Fri Feb 09, 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

That is what A told me! I would *love* to hear the bee story...

Fri Feb 09, 03:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home