Sunday, January 21, 2007

Colts, we'll help you cook the bear gumbo


Here's a shot after Reggie Bush's phenomenal, graceful touchtown.

Here's Gifford reacting to the total bullshit calls that the refs continually made throughout the course of the game. I wanna know the names of the people who paid off the refs on behalf of the Bears. I'm going to remember this. I would be okay with a clear victory, but one paved by the refs? No way. It wasn't the field. It wasn't the weather. It wasn't the talent. It was the refs that made the game. I'm no sore loser. This was a joke.

But you know what?

In the end, a good time was had by all. Eight native New Orleanians were able to meet up with five NOLA allies, hoot and holler with likeminded folk, and sing the songs we've known all our lives.

"Who dat say they gonna beat them Saints?
Who dat? Who dat?"

With a lousy sinus infection, I couldn't partake of the Abita beer on hand, but I did eat some Zapps chips. There was chili, tabouli, lots of chips and salsa, and amazing lemon icebox pie.

I had Robutussin DM and antibiotics. I've spent the weekend in bed so that I could be well enough to watch the game.

But hey, there's always next year. Maybe this time in the Superdome for the NFC championship. NOLA has a lot of great memories and we will have many more. Bless you boys! We believe. Thank you 2006-2007 Saints for giving us something to hope for during this miserable period of NOLA history and thank you for showing us that Cinderella stories sometimes do come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home