Friday, December 22, 2006

new home

there is so much to say about the new home and i don't know where to begin.

for the first time since June '05, a visit home means I get to sleep in a room by myself instead of sleeping in a 320 sq ft room (which mind you includes the bathroom + kitchen) with my parents and brother.

(admittedly, i'm not used to this anymore and i need a nightlight. yes, i'm more scared of being in the dark in North Carolina than in Brooklyn)

the kitchen is great. for the first time, we have an ice/water dispenser in the fridge door.

also, for the first time we have high speed internet instead of dial up. I'm still reveling in this.

i haven't seen any deer yet, but supposedly they frequent the neighborhood.

instead of nightly reports on katrina, we hear about the duke lacrosse players 24/7.

i miss The Times-Picayune and frankly the local papers kinda suck so my dad is getting the NYT every day.

Eastern time zone is cramping my whole "early to bed" habit when it comes to "going home." This is because Letterman (a family tradition) comes on an hour later out here. Lots of groggy faces in the AM.

I've finished two books since coming here and my dear work colleague sent me my New Yorker which arrived today so I guess I'll work on that.

No Christmas tree, but we have each other and that's enough. Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. Thank yous to everyone who has sent cards, written emails, etc. I have been a lousy correspondant over the past year and I hope that changes in 2007. Here's hoping.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pls send parents' new address STOP Must send housewarming gift STOP Please help hapless Yankee fulfill etiquette dreams STOP

Tue Jan 02, 12:56:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Yes, yes! Why didn't I notice this comment sooner! I'm sorry. Will send now!

Thu Jan 04, 08:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home