Monday, December 11, 2006

Things to look forward to


In 2007, I'm looking forward to visiting New Haven in order to see a play, see my brother, see friends, and see this newly renovated Louis Kahn museum (photo from the New York Times)

I also want to go to San Francisco and see my friends there and if possible make my way up to Portland, Oregon to see my friend Emily. I feel like the West Coast is this place of possibility that I have never really explored. It's about time I do so.

My apartment is almost ridiculously clean. I am really excited about Sprout coming and it makes me want to keep it up even better than I usually do. The trash and recycling is out, the dishes are all in their place in the cabinets, floors are swept and surfaces nicely scrubbed down.

I have plenty of knitting to do and stacks upon stacks of books and magazines to read. I'll be in North Carolina soon, helping choose furniture, beds, dishes: you name it. New beginnings all over. I want to start tomorrow. I spent the weekend with a slew of best girl friends. Either in person or on the phone, that connection was crucial. It had been a hard week (nothing like leaving the office at 8 on Friday with no overtime) and I was ready to just have some time to myself. On my own and with the ladies. I also saw two old friends from graduate school who have been busy with writing. I need to get back to that as well. I want something to share over a pot of tea at Tea Lounge. I'm gaining momentum, trying to find a stride, and letting the world make sense of itself for a change.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Ms. Nola! 2007 is shaping up to be a an exciting time. It's hard to go wrong with a year that includes a seven.

Mon Dec 11, 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

I hope that 2007 is great. If not, wake me up in 2013.

Mon Dec 11, 01:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home