Tuesday, June 06, 2006

June in Paris

I'm leaving tonight for Paris and won't be back in the states until late on the night of the 14th. I don't know how often I'll be able to be online while I'm there. Hopefully, not very often!!

Things I'm looking forward to doing:

Catching up (aka: blabbing endlessly) with Naomi
L'orangerie
Jardin du Luxembourg
Place des Vosges
Musee d'Orsay
Wandering through bookshopes
Le Bon Marche and Le Printemps
Monoprix!
Cafe Cremes
Baguettes + cheese + wine
Le Quincampe
Going to see "Marie Anoinette" with Naomi
Writing
Reading
Soaking up the city
Ads in the metro stations
Window shopping
Excessive photography
Gilbert Jeune
Waterman ink cartridges
Tea at La Mosquee
Searching for Catherine Deneuve at Place Saint Sulpice
Looking for glass candies for my mom, cane stoppers for RJ, and petit bateau shirts for Rachel Brill
Looking for the screenplay to "Fin Aout, Debut September"
Buying back the Marguerite Duras novels I lost in the storm

Oh God. I just am so happy to be going back to Paris. I can smell the expresso, newsprint, cigarettes, and flowers already.

I love New York, but I'm in love with Paris.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Et le Marais?

Or maybe I'm just territorial b/c it's both the gayborhood and the Jewish section at the same time :) The Jewish museum is really stunning.

OH I am so jealous of you. Happy for you, of course, and envious of the trip. Must. go. back.

Mon Jun 12, 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Of course the Marais. That goes without saying. And that was such an incomplete list. Thank you for bringing up my favorite neighborhood where I bought a gorgeous dress this time around. xxoo

Fri Jun 16, 12:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home