Monday, May 08, 2006

Prospect Park Sunday






I took all these photos at Prospect Park this weekend. T and I read all afternoon (me: short stories set in India, he: Hegel) and enjoyed the greenery and lack of pavement. It was a crisp day. Cool in the shade, but perfect in the sun. We kept applying sunscreen, nevertheless. My mom called from Jazz Fest to let me hear Paul Simon and Irma Thomas' rendition of "Bridge Over Troubled Water." Allen Toussaint played piano. What a moment. So happy my parents could enjoy Jazz Fest this year. T and I went home and cooked baked catfish with fresh tomatoes, garlic, portobello mushroom and green onion. We also made some homemade home fries with yukon gold potatoes and a vidalia onion. Mmm. When do summer hours begin?

3 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

You've really captured the gentle tranquillity of Prospect Slope.

Mon May 08, 03:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catfish was better than Hegel. -T

Tue May 09, 01:14:00 AM  
Blogger Slimbolala said...

Ahh, nothing says a beautiful day in the park like a big, hefty tome of Hegel.

Really, though, the pics are lovely. Sounds very nice.

Tue May 09, 02:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home