Sunday, May 14, 2006

another hour, another party

Yesterday I made an executive decision to read two books and do laundry. That was the plan. Well, that and somehow navigate myself back from Manhattan to Brooklyn in under two hours which is quite a feat considering the manner in which a certain transit system appears to go screwy on the weekends.

Otherwise, I've been at one party after the next. I'm about to leave the house for the third event of the day. (And no, part one of the season finale for Grey's Anatomy is not my party)

I read "Bright Lights, Big City" yesterday. How in the world did Jay McInerney go from that to "The Good Life?" And is there a movie adaptation of this book starring Michael J. Fox in his prime? Mid 1980s books make great subway reading. I want to read "Less Than Zero" next and then "The Rules of Attraction" which may or may not have been published in the 80s. I can't remember.

Oh and since it's May, I should probably reread "Truth and Beauty" by Ann Patchett, but right now I'm actually rereading "The Year of Magical Thinking." I needed some Joan Didion.

But books aside, it's time to hit the streets. The heels are off and the jeans are back on. It's time to step out into the Morningside Heights twilight and stroll down Riverside Drive. Tomorrow is another great week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slimbolala said...

I remember seeing the movie back in the day as a wee teen with Michael J. gushing blood out his nose. Lovely. It really makes coke look great.

Mon May 15, 01:47:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

:) AWESOME. Alex P. Keaton gone wild! Books like this make me happy I have a steady beau and don't need to troll the varied circuits to meet potential cokeheads amongst the frogs.

Mon May 15, 04:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home