Monday, March 06, 2006

eating books like air

Rereading "To Kill a Mockingbird" for my book club. At the Strand I found a copy just like the one I had in seventh grade. There's something very personal about mass market paperbacks. I feel like I should be underlining all the "significant" passages in blue ball-point ink, making lists of the page numbers in a composition book under various headings so as to prepare for my inevitable essay homework.

I just finished an Italian novel in French ("La bete dans le coeur": Cristina Comencini). Reading in English is a speedy treat in comparison. I'm eating up this and then I'll devour Sarah Waters' "Tipping the Velvet." I want to read it before Gifford and I watch the miniseries. I also need to read some more French. I'm enjoying the mental gymnastics of returning to the other tongue I know. It's been a while, but I'm not as rusty as I imagined I was. March is coming in with a reading lion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home