Wednesday, February 22, 2006

oops: not a cold

I've been home sick for the past two days. Yesterday I went to the doctor to find out that I have bronchitis and a sinus infection. So much for just assuming I had a cold and low level depression thanks to life post-K! I really am sick! Why have I been toughing it out since January?

Now I'm on a steady diet of antibiotics and cold medicine washed down with gatorade and tea. My roommates have been so kind. Nerb went out for clementines, tea, and ginger. Brian went out to get me veggie wonton soup last night and watched figure skating with me to keep me company. Natalia was home sick as well today. I've been watching Oprah, sleeping, making tea and reading French and "The New Yorker."

This whole staying at home thing is nice. And I have to admit that I can see the appeal of Tivo. I would love to watch "Oprah" everyday! I know this is appalling to some of you, but really, I have to admit that "Oprah" is good TV. Good thing I would never let myself get Tivo... I do have a modicum of self-restraint. Going to back to work should be nice. I guess. I could put up a very good argument for staying home until Spring, but I like health care and a paycheck. And I would miss my work friends. Oh and work. I just feel like I have so much to do here in the apartment that I could never get bored. There are so many books to read and craft projects to undertake. And I could go to the library, museum, and botanic gardens all the time. Speaking of which, I think I might look into going to the gardens this weekend. I would love to go to the greenhouses and it would be interesting to see what the gardens look like in winter. Have I mentioned that I can't wait for Spring?

2 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

Excuse me, mademoiselle, but you will have Tivo in two pay-grade hikes. Pas, as they say you know where, de question.

Wed Feb 22, 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

I would need to get cable first.

Thu Feb 23, 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home