Thursday, October 27, 2005

ciao, harriet~

Harriet Miers has withdrawn her nomination.

Can't wait to find out what she was covering up for the president. After all, we all know that the statement:
"she had resisted surrendering internal documents, including legal advice to the president, because to do so would have interfered with the independence of the Executive Branch."

really means:
"she resisted surrendering internal documents that would implicate the president in serious wrong doing."

Can't wait to see what kind of ass crony nominee he replaces her with. I hear Jenna Bush is still looking for a teaching position. How about letting her sit on the court for a while? That girl needs some structure.

4 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

This maneuver comes as no surprise to me. I don't believe that Miers was ever a serious nominee. She was a stalking horse for whomever's next - someone in the running all along, or someone settled on during the Miers operetta.

Thu Oct 27, 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

True, true. But I love that they had to go to these lengths. Bring them down!!

Thu Oct 27, 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger X said...

I want to see how long Jenna Bush would last in my job. I'd be willing to hand it over. tee hee.

Thu Oct 27, 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

she would have the class singing "you can call me darlin', darlin'" before you know it. with or without tequila. that's our jenna! and don't you forget her momma was a librarian!

Thu Oct 27, 09:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home