Thursday, October 06, 2005

laughter is the best medicine

For those of you that know me personally, this line in the NYT article regarding the new "terrorist threat" (cough - creating a smoke screen to divert us from Rove at the grand jury, DeLay, FEMA contracts, etc - cough) made me laugh out loud and you will agree that I can hardly make it to work with less than three bags much less one small bag.

"Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly did suggest that riders not bring backpacks, briefcases, baby carriages and luggage if they can do without them."


Also, is the Comissioner planning on helping all the single moms with 2+ kids on the commute all weekend? Have fun dealing with that mess.

I am going to Yale for the weekend with my mom. Enjoy the commute, folks. Beware the briefcases. Geez.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait. No seriously, WAIT. No baby carriages? Why the fuck is this so anti-woman?!!!

Thu Oct 06, 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Welcome to the Bush administration. Leave your ovaries at the door!

Fri Oct 07, 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger R J Keefe said...

My dear wife actually left her backpack home today. Never thought I'd see that.

Fri Oct 07, 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

I only carried my purse, a bigger sized bag and a Gap bag full of books.

That's still three and still, no one bothers to search me!

Fri Oct 07, 10:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home