Sunday, August 28, 2005

just pray

keep watching. I don't even know how to feel about anticipating the loss of my childhood home and my hometown. Losing New Orleans is impossible to believe.

My parents left today and are headed to NW Louisiana in order to stay with friends. They are safe. I worry for my friends who have chosen to stay in the city and I hope and pray for their safety.

I love my hometown so much. If you know me, you know how New Orleans is engrained upon my soul. This is just too much for me to even take in. I have no idea how it will affect me. I feel like I am losing all my memories and the place where I feel I make sense. There is no place else in the world like New Orleans and I do not know how it will ever survive a storm quite like this.

Please, please, please pray or just keep New Orleans in your thoughts and hearts.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

I wandered over here from Slimbolala....

I'm glad that your family is safe. I'm so sorry.

Sun Aug 28, 05:59:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Thanks, Traci. We just have to hope for the best.

Sun Aug 28, 08:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'm keeping you all in my heart. Jake and I had dinner with Jed tonight, and he's a bit of a mess, too. This is so insane.

Jed called Shreveport the armpit of the universe ...

Mon Aug 29, 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger R J Keefe said...

We watch and wait and hope and pray.

Mon Aug 29, 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home