Thursday, August 04, 2005

In France they kiss on Main Street

I've decided that casual Thursday is the new casual Friday. I'm wearing jeans and an oversized off-white oxford shirt with the sleeves rolled up. I also decided to forgo the minimalist look of late and wear lots of jewelry today. Big shell earrings, button stone necklace and silver bangles.

Tonight is the Rufus Wainwright concert in Prospect Park so I thought I would go for the whole boho chic today, channeling Joni Mitchell circa "Hissing of Summer Lawns" but without the turquoise.

Speaking of turquoise, I was thinking on the train today that I would like to someday go back to New Mexico. I was eight years old the last time I was there. That's almost twenty years. I think it's time to plan a trip back to Bandelier National Park.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slimbolala said...

Hmm. Now that so many workplaces are casual all week long, I've been advocating "Formal Fridays". Folks would show up in tuxes and tails, tophats, ball gowns. It would be lovely

Fri Aug 05, 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Hah. Well, I walked into the 1950s when I walked into work last June.

Fri Aug 05, 03:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home