Thursday, May 05, 2005

No dessert til June 9th

OK. I am trying to stick to this one. Because I have very little willpower to change what I eat, I am going to try and just not eat dessert until the day of Kari's bridesmaid luncheon and rehearsal dinner. I am doing a bit of working out, but I need some more ideas as to how I can -- at least -- stay in shape and maybe tone up a little bit before this wedding in which I will be one of the non-engaged or married bridesmaids.

You can keep all comments about the lack of feminst consciousness in this post to yourself, btw. Gloria Steinem won't be there to make me look good on June 10th, people.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salad for lunch, people. It's all about salad for lunch. (Which I know you already do!)

I can finally get into my size-6 law school pants, hallelujah!

Thu May 05, 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Ugh, so no more turkey burgers for lunch?

Thu May 05, 04:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gloria Steinem should be your date for Kari's wedding. Then she can make you look good on June 10. Problem solved.

Fri May 06, 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

That would be great!

Fri May 06, 12:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gloria Steinem is RAIL THIN - does not get to dictate to us curvy grrrls how we may eat!

Gossipy goodness: She spoke at my auntie's house in Ann Arbor a long while ago, and didn't eat anything ALL NIGHT. And my auntie is a fabulous cook and a fabulous baker ... she missed out!

(She also kept putting her drink on the grand piano, but that's not entirely germane.)

Fri May 06, 04:27:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Coasters! People. There should be an updated Emily Post, no? Let's not deface property unless it belongs to Ann Coulter and her ilk.

Fri May 06, 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger X said...

I think you should do whatever makes you happy in this situation. But I think the obvious choice for a date would be Dorothy Allison.

Thu May 12, 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Dorothy Allison would be great, but I think that even if T doesn't go, my fellow bridesmaid LP will ditch her husband for me. I'm a better dancer and am much cuter anyways.

Wed May 18, 02:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home