Monday, April 25, 2005

Definitely not a bee

I dreamt I was at a Parker Posey book signing. She laughs and smiles. We make eye contact. I feel we are sharing a moment, an inside joke. I try to think of something witty to say. I let my boss cut in front of me because I am at the end of the line and I have not come up with the perfect line yet. When I get up there, Parker stands up, suddenly flustered and says that the signing is over. "I have to go!" When I open my book to have her sign, she lays the pencil in the binding and looks me in the eyes. I am filled with rage and disappointment, but I am startled to see that her face has aged 30 years, sagging and caked with makeup. I am determined to get the book signed and cling to the hope that she is still the same person as a moment before. I hold the book out again and mumble/screech incoherently, "BUT....WHAT ABOUT THE BEE!?" She walks out.

3 Comments:

Blogger lequincampe said...

No more snacks after 10 pm for you, Nerb! Unless you enjoy the crack-tastic dreams...

Mon Apr 25, 06:26:00 PM  
Blogger R J Keefe said...

I want to see a movie starring Parker Posey and Ms NOLA. Posey plays Ms N's editor at a fashion magazine, and treats her very badly, but in the end it turns out that she's just jealous of Ms NOLA's genius. At the end, she (not Ms NOLA!) enters a convent.

Tue Apr 26, 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

THAT is a movie I would love to see. Such brilliant casting. I think that Christopher Guest should do a mockumentary of life at a fashion magazine. There should be a cameo by Carly Simon singing a certain song as well...

Tue Apr 26, 02:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home