Saturday, April 23, 2005

Jazz Fest Live

For those of you who can't make it to the 36th annual New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, here is a musical ride to the fest. Listen to WWOZ's live broadcast from the fest and enjoy the music. Granted, you won't have the atmosphere of colorful fest goers with their elaborate Party Poles or a tasty snack like some crawfish bread and a Rosemint iced tea or Abita beer, but you also don't have to contend with Port-a-potties or the long walk back to your car.

I'll be writing and listening to the fest tonight. Today I did laundry and went to the Basquiat exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum (I also had bad Chinese food on 7th avenue and returned library books). It was rather foggy today but I caught the 2/3 from Eastern Parkway/Brooklyn Museum, transfered onto the Q at Atlantic and went to Whole Foods for dried white beans and onion in order to make a big batch of white bean soup for freezing. I also got some fresh radishes and pink lady apples, a baguette, some Good Earth tea and hazelnut cookies. To hell with losing weight and being in shape for that damn bridesmaid dress for Kari. Whatever, I'll still be the only unmarried, not engaged bridesmaid for whatever that's worth. And I love Kari so I don't care what I look like -- really.

More on Basquiat later. My head is still swimming.

3 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

Yur tidding. They have a blog for the wedding? This is so not a good idea.

Tue Apr 26, 12:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I went to get the fabuloid beauteous dress - for my cousin's wedding - tailored today, and was basically told by the tailor that the reason there was extra fabric just above my hips was that my ass was too big, and I should have bought the next size up. In which I WAS SWIMMING WHEN I TRIED IT ON.

Oh hey, no worries, FUCKWAD TAILOR.

Tue Apr 26, 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

We love tailored clothing. We do, we do, we do.

Expect some tales when I return from the Deep South.

Tue Apr 26, 04:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home