Wednesday, April 13, 2005

knowing me, knowing you

For a couple weeks now, I seem to have ABBA stuck in my head. No kidding. It doesn't matter what I've been listening, too. The default elevator music in my brain has been ABBA ever since I started a new freelance project.

Is there something that links design to Swedish pop music? Is this also why I have Kelly Clarkson's new song (penned by whatever devious svengali wrote all those Nsync, Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys songs) stuck in my head? What is it about the Swedes and their amazing knack for design and pop music?

This is totally not culturally sensitive and I know it... which is why I'm throwing it out there. I want to know if anyone is familiar with Swedish culture and can guide me beyond my knowledge of IKEA and "the winner takes it all."

1 Comments:

Blogger lequincampe said...

Good to see I am the only person that thinks long and hard about Swedish cultural production!

Fri Apr 15, 12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home