Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Return from the Dirty South

First off, it was cold in Louisiana. Granted, I did receive my typical bitch-slap from mother nature in the form of some serious humidity as I exited the plane at midnight Saturday morning. But I was shivering in a teeshirt at Jazz Fest that afternoon. What in the world is going on? A cool May in New Orleans? This is unheard of.

I danced to Elvis Costello, ate Mango Freeze, did the ceremonial following your friends march away from the Ray Ban stage (ooops, now the Acura stage... what is that?), danced with Sudha and ran into people I know.

As most of you know, running into people I know is one of my favorite passtimes. Why? Because it happens so effortlessly.

But I was only asked "When are you getting married?" once and that was by a certain singer. Not anybody's mother. Praise him.

I am mighty sleepy. These dramatic climate changes really affect me. What is mother nature telling me?


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's telling you that you should move to California, where we have no seasons and barely any climate changes, dramatic or otherwise.

Thu May 05, 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

But SF gets cold. This is a fact I've heard over and over and over from people.

Argh. I cannot handle another big move. Seeing as that I have lived in 5+ times in the past 5 years, I cannot do anymore moving.

Thu May 05, 01:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, cold schmold. Doesn't get below 45 F, ever.

And ... there's always L.A. Because you'd like it there soooo much! [/end sarcasm]

Hee, I was just teasing you, I know you won't move out here ...

Thu May 05, 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

I would only move out to SF if someone wanted to give me a job at Salon.com. Isn't it based out there? Or isn't there an office? Trust me, everyone says I will fall in love w/ SF. You, too, if I'm not mistaken.

Thu May 05, 04:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, you will - it's a lovable little place. I just don't expect you to move here based on that :)

Fri May 06, 04:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home