Thursday, May 05, 2005

love song for a better movie on NOLA

My mom and I dozed intermittantly through Love Song for Bobby Long. It does have some great scenes of New Orleans, especially shots near the river. The look of the film was straight out of the Sprout color palate and by that I mean bright solid colors. There was really nothing subtle about this film, particularly the standard obnoxious acting of John Travolta (sorry, Katie D, he drives me nuts). I really enjoyed watching Scarlett walk all the way from Algiers to the Lakefront in order to go to college. No New Orleanian would walk that far in the summer. Get a car, move or master the RTA, my friend.

In short, I need to watch it again because I really don't know what happened. Frankly, I figured out the big secret in the first 5 minutes and it took the whole film to drag out the revelation. Maybe there was something more than that? I don't know. I did the NOLA thing to do and slept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home