Wednesday, July 18, 2007

something to work on



So after going on about the explosion, I realized that I failed to mention something that was mentioned by my dear friend LEL over at Fear and Loathing in NOLA. She drew my attention to the Gulf Watch project run by the Southern Studies Department at U of Mississippi, Oxford (AKA: Ole Miss for those of you in the know). This department has always fascinated me and if for some reason I end up in Oxford, Mississippi, I know where I'll study/work. That is unless Square Books wants to give me a plum job. There used to be a PJ's coffee shop in that bookstore and seriously, those two items alone (PJ's coffee and seriously one of this country's best bookstores) are kinda reason enough to move somewhere. I bet they also have good catfish.

But I digress. I don't have the time now to substantially pour through this project's work, but I hope to do so in the near future and I strongly recommend you do, too.

Also, here is a lovely photo from the Bridge of Flowers to distract one from the idea of asbestos in the Manhattan air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home