Monday, July 16, 2007

Bridge of Flowers, Shelburne Falls, MA






Here are just a couple photos of T's and my trip to Shelburne Falls, MA. I'll have to post more photos later, but here is a taste of the Bridge of Flowers, one of the most tranquil places I know. This town is full of so many wonderful memories. I was really overwhelmed being back here. In part, I felt it was due to the fact that I've really resigned myself to not being able to ever fully go home again. Losing my home in New Orleans and losing the neighborhood in which I grew up was really one of the hardest things I've ever experienced. Coming to terms with that reality took a lot of acceptance that one can never fully expect to ever be able to return to a place they love and have it be they way they remembered it.

But Shelburne Falls was exactly as I remembered it (I last visited in 2003) and feelings of family, nostalgia, wonder and joy hit me like a ton of bricks as soon as we arrived. I felt such a rush of emotion being in a place that I've shared with some incredible loved ones. I was so happy to share it with T. I'll write and post more pictures later on, but for now, enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lex Webb said...

these bring back memories! one of my favorite photos I have of our visit is a picture of you sitting on a windowsill above the head of Shakespeare- it was taken at the library, I think.

Mon Jul 16, 09:20:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Definitely the library. I saw the bust again! It's still there. I took a bunch of photos inside the library this last visit. I vividly remember that photo. And I think I was wearing a red and white striped shirt, if I'm not mistaken. Memory is a funny, selective thing.

Wed Jul 18, 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

Shelburne Falls is one of the hidden gems of Massachusetts. Not many people know about it because it is just far enough off Route 2 to keep many tourists away. I was there a few weeks ago and took some photos, too (until my battery died). Definitely want to get back there this fall.

Fri Aug 31, 01:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home