Saturday, July 28, 2007

"so jealous": tegan and sara + paint = a whole new world



What a different a paint job makes. I probably should have taken a before photo, but I didn't. Suffice to say, this wall used to look like a Tibetan prayer flag. No lie. I always felt it was a little too bright for even me. GS came over today bearing brownies and OJ. I made crepes with nutella and banana and a fruit salad of watermelon and mango. After brunching, we got to work. Spackling and priming were in order. GS had to leave after a stroll down 5th ave for iced coffee and lemonade and my dry cleaning.

That left me with the task of painting over the primed wall and doorway of saffron and peacock blue. Another friend burned Tegan and Sara's "So Jealous" for me earlier this week (yes, I'm really eager to get their new cd "The Con") so I listened to that on repeat all afternoon and evening (and am still listening to it now) and painted with utter determination. I also painted some old water stains on the molding above my fireplace. I removed a hook from the wall which created a hole that needed to be spackled. So it was that kind of day: tegan and sara, painying, spackling, wiping down all the molding on my walls. The room is so much brighter and more open. Things like this open one's heart just a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home