Wednesday, May 23, 2007

picking up stitches (very much unlike pick up sticks)


OK, this really isn't regressing into a knitting blog, but honestly, knitting is giving books a run for the money. There's something about learning a new skill, using math, dexterity. Knitting is very satisfying. Not unlike Kindergarten, you get to work with your hands and play with color and texture. Last night, I picked up stitches around the neckline and ribbed this neckline that you see before you. Looks easy, right? Try figuring out how to pick up just enough stitches so that the final product looks like this and not an accordion. Trust me, this took all evening. Thankfully, I had all night to hang out with T and knit. (Hence waiting until this evening to snap the photo) Hopefully, I'll finish up ribbing the armholes tomorrow. I didn't this evening because I enjoyed a home cooked meal with one of my best friends and her mom who happened to be in town on a spontaneous trip to visit her daughter. Time for dreamland. I can begin to dream of the cardigan I'll be making next!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!

Wed May 23, 12:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home