Thursday, August 10, 2006

Summertime outside the city

Going back to New Hampshire for the weekend w/ T. I'm really looking forward to it.

More sad news from New Orleans, particularly for my friends at the Times-Pic. When you wonder how people keep it together. . . well, sometimes they can't. Post-Katrina stress is real. People have asked me what I plan to do on August 29. I'm just going to keep moving forward. I will, however, call the White House and remind them that my parents still don't have a house. That there are many just like them and also there are still 135 people missing thanks to a government created disaster.

I'll put up the numbers later, but if you want to do something about Katrina, write your representatives and tell them that you don't have Katrina fatigue. Do they?

At any rate, yours truly is looking forward to a little bit of relaxation. The temperatures are cooling down and I've been so busy with parties, friends, and such. It will be nice to slow down this weekend. I've got to plan a trip or three to Philadelphia (T has a conference and I have some friends to see). But all in good time. Right now, it's time to be grateful for what I have. I hope you're all taking care of yourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home