Sunday, June 18, 2006

back in the city

I'm back in the city. Paris is even lovelier in retrospect than it was while I was living it. I'm still sifting through everything I did and registering it all in my mind. The walks, the art, the architecture, the films, the people, the cups of coffee, the food, the flowers, the metro, the clothes, the store windows, the music, the children, the markets. . .

I could go on and on.

Today I went to a memorial service for the mother of a dear friend. Afterwards, there was a very nice luncheon. Everyone had such a good time. It was my first memorial service in New York. I really have been in New York for a while. It's something to realize you've been in a place long enough to have roots to the effect that you attend funerals or celebrations in the community where you live.

A new member to the community is my friend Sudha who has moved here from NOLA to begin her medical residency at Mt Sinai hospital. I hung out with her, her brother and father tonight. It was so great to see her and moreover, it is so wonderful to have her here in the city. My heart feels lighter knowing she is here. She is family.

It's going to be a great summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home