Wednesday, August 31, 2005

out of town

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say that I appreciate everyone's
thoughts, love, prayers, and support. I will be out of
town for the next couple of days and don't know how
much email access I will have so don't panic and think
I've headed to New Orleans like a fool (which I would
be if I left for home right now) or am raving on the
streets of New York. I'll be with friends in DC and
out of NYC til Sunday.

Please, keep praying even if you don't believe in a
God. I know that is tacky of me to say, but so be it.
At this point, we need all the help we can get. If you
want to do something, please make a contribution to
the American Red Cross or any of the official charity
organizations. I am sure it will be easy to find that
information if you google it. NOLA needs help. It is
truly a tragedy.

Your emails and support have meant so much to me. I am
trying to think of some way to deal with this. I am
considering collecting people's memories and stories
about New Orleans. Not as a memorial, but as a
testimony of the incredible place that it is. If you
want to write something, just let me know and I will
start compiling things.

Much love

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited NOLA only once, so I have nothing to contribute to your collection. It's a great idea, though, especially since you did such a wonderful job with the oral history of your grade school/ high school a few years ago.

My thoughts are with your and your family. I am so, so sorry about all of this.

Wed Aug 31, 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Kate, I've only been there once, but if you want something let me know.

Also, Sudha, if you're reading this, send me an email (rebrill@yahoo.com) - I have blankets with your name on them.

Wed Aug 31, 02:01:00 PM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

Thanks, Blaney. Please get yr friend in touch with me.

Sigh, evidently, it's even worse than what we are seeing. Sudha has reports from a friend at Oschner. It's a mess. Ih hope the country watches and sees that this is what happens when you do not protect the environment, when you do give people a living wage, housing or education. It is wrong that this is happening but it is the fault of people who do not want to help those less fortunate or those who do not want to think of the future. It is a tragedy. I hope it never happens again.

Fri Sep 02, 02:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home