Sunday, September 25, 2005

lemon ice and cooler nights


Mom and Dad are safe and "on the same page" - something that has become a common refrain as of late. I was very happy to hear about the beauty of the stars in Arkansas, but I'm glad they'll be having their evening glasses of wine in Shreveport, Louisiana with friends tomorrow night. Soon, they will be in New York with me. I can't wait to hug them. I might not let go. The weather turned in the Northeast this weekend. I need to knit new scarves for my parents and wrap them up in them upon their arrival.

I found a new NOLA website today. I haven't read too extensively, but it's by a man who writes an independent zine/comic in NOLA. The site is Antigravity. I loved this picture which he posted of the sign for Angelo Broccato's on Carrollton Avenue.

I hope that they open up again soon and bring their delicious lemon ice back to the city.

2 Comments:

Blogger R J Keefe said...

Your first photo! I think. Félicitations.

Mon Sep 26, 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

There have been a few before, but not many. I think this is (sadly) the loveliest.

Mon Sep 26, 12:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home